Ch-ch-ch-changes!

10:01 PM Unknown 0 Comments

April 5, 2016
Hello all of you beautiful people who I love with all of my heart!

Well this week I learned (once again) a little bit about how to adjust to change!

Everything about this week has included change!
1. I got kicked out of the boonies and am now in the city surrounded by other missionaries all day every day!
2. I am serving in a huuuuuge ward, which makes it super hard to get to know the members
3. I have a new companion who is wayyy different than my last companions. She's awesome, and I love her tons! She's just way more relaxed and laid back, and it's taking some getting used to. 
4. Sister Angilau is also going home at the end of this transfer, which means I have to figure out the whole area in only 6 weeks (Ahhhh no pressure!!!)
5. I am a sister training leader, and I am going on my first exchange tonight!

{Adventures in Lakewood with Sister Angilau (pronounced un-gee-lou(d)}



I could go on, but I feel like I should channel the teachings of President Monson, when he said, "Those who live only for themselves eventually shrivel up and … lose their lives, while those who lose themselves in service to others grow and flourish--and in effect save their lives." I am going to do my best to lose myself in the service of those around me.

So last week before I left the blessed land of Drayton Valley, we had an amaaaaazing lesson with Tyson! He is so set for baptism. We talked to him about prophets, and he basically bore his testimony to us of the truthfulness of the gospel. His main concern was that he wouldn't be able to stay strong in his crazy work environment, but I just received word from the sisters serving there that he is rock solid! He hasn't even taken a sip of coffee for a whole week! Woot woot!



My favourite part of this week was Conference. Rebekah Newman said that General Conference is like Disney land for missionaries, and she could not have been more accurate! It was so nice to just sit and relax and listen to the counsel of the prophet and his apostles. I love this church!! It's so true. ❤️❤️❤️

Thank you for all of your love and support. I miss you all!

Xoxoxoxo.

Sister Robinson


.....................................................


April 12, 2016
My dear favourite Americans and Canadians,
{This is Adolf. I love this man. We call him Grandpa. There was an old lady who has dementia and kept saying, "Ice cream! Ice cream! We all scream for ice cream!" :') S'cute.}

Hello again! So first off, I would like to say GOD IS GOOOOOOD! This week has been nuts! But holy miracles. Miracles left and right. :) it is awesome.

So for some reason, we almost had a lot of crazy bible-bashing sessions this week! Heavenly Father is testing my faith hardcore. say almost, because they weren't quite bible bashing. Borderline. Haha. So for those of you who don't know, a bible-bash is when people of other faiths just want to argue about religion. They often use verses of scripture from the bible and twist the meaning of what it's actually saying, and then they'll take a verse from the Book of Mormon and say they contradict each other.

That's just one example of how it's done. But last week, we were visiting with a super solid investigator of ours named Esther, and her cousin, Felix walked into her house. He was super nice at first, but when we introduced ourselves as sisters, he turned to Esther and said "MORMONS?! I thought you were going to the Anglican Church!" She responded by saying, "well I have changed what I believe in now. I believe the Mormon church is true!" It was super awesome, because no matter what he said, she stood her ground. I was so proud. He brought up a ton of silly nonsense about Joseph Smith and how he thinks we worship him and what not, but we were able to clarify what we really do believe, and at the end of it, we bore our testimonies. I was on the verge of tears when Sister Angilau was bearing her testimony to him of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and latter-day prophets. It was really awesome, and despite the contention we felt at the beginning, the spirit was really strong when we left. He told us Jesus loves us, and that he hopes we bring a lot of people to Jesus while we are on our mission. I love Jesus! He brings people together. After we left, we put a copy of the Book of Mormon on the hood of his car, because he wouldn't take one when we offered it to him. Hehe. :)wonder what happened...

{This is us leaving a Book of Mormon on the hood of Felix's car}

Also! This week was the first (but definitely not last) time that I got to use my Mandarin Chinese skills! So we were trying to find people to teach at the bus station with a bunch of other sisters in our zone, and this huge group of Chinese people came off of a bus! We said, "knee how!" (Hello) and their faces lit up! These two Chinese men came to talk to sister Angilau and I, and in their broken English we had a little chat. I told them I know a little Mandarin Chinese! I said, "Whoa sure ch+juan gee+ow sure" (we are missionaries) and they were like "Ooooh! You are priests?" Hahaha. It was awesome though. We got their information, and they were very excited to learn more. One of them said to me, "Jesus loves you!" And I said "thank you! He loves you too!" And then he turned to the three of us and said, "Heavenly Father loves all of us!" It was the coolest experience. :) I love people who love Jesus.

We met quite a few other people that night, and I was very proud of how bold we all were as we testified to random strangers at a bus station about Jesus Christ. :) we found a lot of new people to teach! It was AMAZING. God is so good.

Anyway, I hope you all have a fantastical week! I love and miss you all!

Xoxoxoxo, peace and blessings. :))

Sister Robinson

{This is what I look like when I'm emailing all of ya'll :) }

0 comments: