I Fear No Man!

8:23 PM Unknown 0 Comments

So many good things are happening lately! I am learning more and more every day that fear gets me no where! I have been working really hard on overcoming the fear of man, and just doing all that I can to proclaim the goodness of the gospel to everyone, and I mean EVERYONE that we meet!

{The only pictures we have together so far are selfies. Hehe}

Yesterday, everything was falling through, and I've learned over the past 17 months that this is a very normal thing for missionaries to deal with. However, we didn't have any people down as backups... All we had planned was finding. I really really did NOT feel up to finding that day. No way. I was tired, hungry, and cold. However, I knew that if I prayed, the Lord would provide. So I prayed and asked God to help me love every single person we talked to and to allow me to be a tool in His hands in doing His work. I kept repeating in my mind, "Thou art [my] father; [I am] the clay, and thou [my] potter; and [I am] the work of thy hand." (Isaiah 64:8

 
 But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.


And off we went.

We got out of the car, and noticed a man getting out of his car and walking toward his home. We called out to him, "Hey, do you have a minute?" He didn't hear us, so we had to sort of run over to talk to him before he opened the door and shut us out. (Now, you have to understand that I am not normally like this, but I have always wanted to be this type of missionary.) Once he realized we were talking to him, he turned to us with a big smile! He was so happy to talk to us. We introduced ourselves, and had a very good conversation with him. He asked us to please come back! Wow. That was easy! Why don't I normally do that? 

{When people really don't want you knocking on their door...}

We talked to several other people after him, and every single person was SUPER nice!! And you have to understand that that is SUPER rare!! It was incredible. We set up return appointments with some, and even met a couple who had investigated the church in the past! I wish I could convey just how miraculous of a day it was, but you really just had to be there. It was amazing though, how once I made that commitment to God that I would give it my all, He truly did provide for us!

Then another day, just about everything fell through so we did even more finding! (wahoooo!) To make it more interesting, I decided that we needed to find a blue door to knock on, because I was convinced the family behind that door was prepared. Well... we didn't find a blue door anywhere. Finally near the end of our finding, I thought I saw a blue door!! I could've sworn it was blue! However, it wasn't. It was definitely white. But we knocked on it anyway. A woman answered, and after finding out who we were, she started to question everything we believe in! It was intense. My blood was boiling, but we tried to stay calm and stand firm. At the end of our doorstep conversation, she asked us a question like, "how can we know for sure?" It was a challenge and in reply, Sister Brooks said, "We don't expect people to take our word for it, or to believe something just because we tell them to. We simply invite people to pray about what we say. To ask God if we're telling the truth." That seemed to take her back and she asked us to come back the following day! It was amazing. I learned that simply testifying with humility is all you need to do.

{Here's a smoooothie! It has an orange, banana, kale, spinach, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp hearts, and plain Greek yogurt! It is deeeelish!}

I am so grateful for the many opportunities the Lord is giving me to expand my horizons and become better and better every day. I love God, I love this work, and I love all of you as well!! 

Much love,

Sister Robinson

0 comments: