Brand New Missionary Mom

4:46 PM Unknown 0 Comments

{Sister Robinson, Sister Neal, and their mission president}
I am now a missionary mom. It's so awesome. Hahah it's definitely a learning process though. I was dumb and had THREE INVESTIGATOR LESSONS set up on her very first day!! *face palm* slow it down, Sister Robinson... I definitely didn't realize how fast paced and routine everything became with Sister Hatch! I expected it to be just as easy and to flow in the exact same way, but ha! I was wrong. It's still great, and she is super amazing, but it is a lot harder!! Oh man... Something super cool happened that first day though! One of the people we were planning to teach, Joyce, asked us to meet her at her cousin's house for a lesson, but she was a no-show. (missionary life) Anyway, we were able to talk with her cousin, Patience for a while, and eventually she started asking us questions about what we believe! It was cool, because we were like "Well... Do you want us to teach you?" She sorta shrugged her shoulders, and we were like "let's do this!" So we just whipped out the first lesson, the restoration! We taught it simply and quickly, and she said she believes that it could be true! We committed her to pray about it and to ask Heavenly Father if Joseph Smith was a true prophet and if the Book of Mormon is true! She also said she would read the introduction and as much as she could from the book of mormon! At first she seemed skeptical, but once we started the lesson she was a little more interested! It just goes to show that Heavenly Father will always lead us to where we need to be! Good times. We set up another time to meet with her, and I'll keep you updated on that!

Oh yeah! I have a new companion! Almost forgot ;) her name is Sister Neal! She's from Nampa, Idaho. She is very excited about missionary work, and it is a lot of fun to be her companion! After our first day, which was crazy busy and rushed, I decided it would probably be wise to take things a little slower the next day. It's just funny, because on that first day I was like "Yeah! This is awesome!" and she was like "Ohhhh my gosh this is insane!" It's okay now though. We're getting there ;) 

{we felt like taking selfies while waiting for the bus}
So being a trainer is... hard. I love sister neal, but it was a big adjustment. HOWEVER, I actually love being a trainer. It has helped me to be more obedient and excited about missionary work, because I have to be an example to sister neal every second of every day! We have quickly gotten very close, and we have a lot of fun together. I've been very fortunate, because I haven't gotten any crazy companions yet! (knock on wood) Ha! But it was super awesome. As soon as I saw her, I knew she would be my new companion! and then president called my name in the transfers meeting, I stood up, and he said "Sister Robinson, you will be serving with sister neal in the clareview area." I wish I could send you pictures from that day, but they're all on my camera, and I'm still trying to figure it all out! I can't get my camera to connect to the library's internet. It's dumb. You'll see them eventually though! 

{I think I've been working her a little too hard. She fell asleep on the bus like 5 times!}
Also, Thomas is one of our amazing investigators, and he is practically a member, but he just couldn't get work off on Sundays. Very frustrating. BUT sister Hatch and I came up with the brilliant idea to teach him about fasting and to plan a day where we would all fast for him to get work off on Sundays! It was me, sister hatch, brother trujillo (a member in the ward, and his new BFF woot woot), and Brother Reid (another member in the ward!) We also invited a few missionaries to join us in the fast, but I don't know if they remembered. Anyways, we all fasted last Sunday for him to get work off and it was powerful and amazing, and everyone had really strong faith. So then, this week at church Sister Neal and I were in Sacrament meeting, and we were just talking to some members and having a lovely time... And then I turned and saw Brother Trujillo standing at the door with (wait for it...........) THOMAS RIGHT BY HIS SIDE! I practically jumped out of my chair to go say "Hi" to them! Brother Trujillo said he thought my eyes were going to pop out of my head! Ahh it was the greatest moment of my life!! So much joy! Thomas was so excited!  I was so excited! And so many ward members came and said "Hi" to Thomas. It was great. Brother Trujillo, Sister Neal and I all bore our testimonies as well. It was a really powerful testimony meeting, and I'm so happy that Thomas was able to come! He stayed for all three hours, and then the trujillo's hung out with him all day! They were telling us that they all had supper together, and that Thomas was talking about how happy he was all day. It was glorious! I could talk about it for hours. He'll be baptized in no time ;)
{here we are with Thomas}
Another amazing thing happened! Last Tuesday, Sister Hatch and I said goodbye to a lot of the people who we've gotten really close to over the last three months, and one of them was Betty! She is this awesome lady, who we see once a week and we talk to her about God sometimes, and I love her! About a month ago I was feeling brave and I just asked her straight up: "Betty, do you want to learn more about our church?" And she said: "right now, no... I'm too busy, but possibly another time." So we continued to stop by her house just about weekly, and then stopped by so sister Hatch could say goodbye. She asked Sister Hatch if she had any requests or words of wisdom to give her before saying goodbye. So she sat there and thought about it for a second... And then she looked at her and said "Betty, promise me that if you have the desire to learn about the church that you will let sister Robinson and her new companion teach you." You could see the spirit working with Betty while she was thinking about it... Then she finally said, "Okay, I will." Yay!! We have been stopping by Betty's house for three months now, and we have grown to love her so much! Something kept us going every single week, even though we didn't always talk about the gospel. We just continued to stop by and now we know why. So yesterday, Sister Neal and I stopped by and we talked and talked for a long time. Then Betty said "So... What are you going to teach me today?" I was so surprised! I said, "What?! Betty, you really want to learn?!" and she nodded. So off we went! We taught her the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and I don't know if I've ever been able to teach that lesson as simply and powerfully as we did yesterday. The spirit was definitely there, and she said she would start reading the Book of Mormon and pray about it! I know that if Sister Hatch and I had given up on Betty that we would never have been able to bring this gospel into her life. I'm so excited to see where it goes, and I will definitely keep you updated!

Diana is doing really well! She's pretty much ready for baptism! It's a lot of fun teaching her, and I have a lot of faith in her. I am excited to see how she progresses and continues to grow in the gospel. I love her so much! She really wants to meet my family and she talks about what we'll do when I visit her after my mission all the time. It's adorable. Sister Neal is warming up to her as well. Diana's definitely a hard one to get used to, but Sister Neal is being really patient with her. 

{At the transfer meeting!}







 Oh my gosh, I have so much more to tell you, but so little time! Here's the breakdown: This church is true. It's truer than true. It is God's kingdom here on this earth. If we put our trust in him and turn our will into His will everything will fall perfectly into place. It may not be easy at first, but the point of this life isn't for it to be easy. How would we learn to be strong if this life was easy? How would we learn patience if we always got everything we wanted exactly when we wanted it? But I know that our Heavenly Father knows each of us individually and wants what's best for us. All it takes is faith. In our district meeting this week, the district leader said, "90% of the time we don't succeed, because we lack the faith." He doesn't want us to fail! He wants us to put our trust in Him! To realize that- no, we can't do this on our own! We can't do anything on our own. And if that's hard to accept, then we need to be more humble. We need to become like little children and rely on our father in heaven in every aspect of our lives. He is always there at the other side of the door, knocking and waiting for us to open it and let Him into our lives. I know that Christ lives and loves us so much. I know that because of Him, we have the capacity to become exactly what our Heavenly father intends us to become. All we have to do is change our will to his will. I love you. I miss you every day, but I am so happy to be here on a mission! There's no place I'd rather be, and I'm not so sure I'll be ready to come home when the time comes. Don't worry though. I'll do it anyway. ;) Thank you for everything, and I hope you have a wonderful week! I'll keep you in my prayers.

XOXO

Sister Robinson

0 comments: