General Women's Meeting

11:13 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Hello my dearest!

My week went so goooooood! I'm happy :) even happier to be able to write my friends and family. It's fun. 

We had a lunar eclipse the other night, so that was cool! Is that the same as a blood moon?

Aaaaanyways, my week was good! Sister Neal and I are really trying to find new people to teach. We got a new investigator named Margaret last week! She's so cute and amazing and I love her. The elders that serve in our ward started talking to her one day while she was sitting on her front porch! She asked if there were girl missionaries, because she only ever sees the "guys," so they passed her on to us. We stopped by her house one day, and she was on her porch having a smoke. (Side note: I said a quick prayer that the smoke from the cigarette wouldn't give me a headache, and right after I did that she put out her cigarette! Thank you, Heavenly Father!!

Anyway, we introduced ourselves, and she was super nice! She said that she read everything on mormon.org, and agreed with everything she read... Except for the Book of Mormon. We were like EASY! So we talked to her about it and gave her a copy. It was funny, because she was like "well I won't know if it's true unless I read it and pray about it... So I'll have to do that." We were like YEAH YOU DO! Now, that may not seem like a super big deal to you, but it was. A lot of people won't gain a testimony of the gospel, because they don't read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it's true. So we were excited :) We set up a time to teach her the next day, and we were able to explain everything a little more in depth. She is definitely very interested! I'm excited to see where it goes. She's the cutest lady ever.
{this is about half of our mission!}
Another highlight is Thomas is getting interviewed for baptism tonight! Wahooo! This is really happening! I'm so happy for him and the commitment he's making! He has an amazing desire to follow Jesus Christ. I love it. We are going to be watching general conference with him and the Trujillo's (a family in our ward) this weekend at their house! Should be a party. Don't worry. We won't go too crazy. 

Everything is going really well for us overall. I'm very thankful for the opportunity I have to serve the Lord. It's amazing. I learn so much every day, and I hope all the lessons I learn stay with me for the rest of my life. I'm keeping a journal too, so that helps ;)



My favorite part of this week was the General Women's Conference! Oh my goodness it was so fantastic! I think I loved it so much, because President Uchtdorf spoke. Did you get to watch it?? If not, at the very least watch his talk. You won't regret it. For this session, I did something a little different. I wrote down 4 questions that I had, and listened for the answers during the conference. It was cool, because I received an answer to each one of them! The questions were: How can I be a better missionary? How can I have more humility and patience? How can I be happier and more willing to serve? How can I use Christ's atonement every day? It was so awesome, because every speaker like... spoke to my soul!! So here are a few little points that I just loved:


"Trust in God and BELIEVE in good things to come!" Rosemary M. Wixom

"We cannot play with Satan's fiery darts without getting burned." Linda S. Reeves

"When you accept the atonement of Jesus Christ, all that caused heartache is taken away and replaced with peace and rejoicing." Linda S. Reeves

"If we understood the love that our father and savior have for us, we would be willing to do anything to return to live with them." Linda S. Reeves

"Whether we are age 8 or 108, each of us is ‘precious in [His] sight” (Isaiah 43:4)." Carol F. McConkie

"There is enough that doesn’t go right in life, so anyone can work themselves into a puddle of pessimism and a mess of melancholy. But I know people who, even when things don’t work out, focus on the wonders and miracles of life." Dieter F. Uchtdorf

"God didn’t design us to be sad. He created us to have joy! So if we trust Him, He will help us to notice the good, bright, hopeful things of life. And sure enough, the world will become brighter. No, it doesn’t happen instantly, but honestly, how many good things do?" Dieter F. Uchtdorf

One more... (Uchtdorf is my favorite)

"Now is part of eternity, and eternity is composed of now's. They can be dark and gloomy now's, or they can be bright and joyful now's" Dieter F. Uchtdorf

{picture from last week... I embarrassed Sister Neal with all my selfies}


I am SO STOKED for conference this weekend! It'll be great :) Anyway, I love you so much!! Have a good week and keep updating me throughout the week like you did last week! I loved that.

xoxoxo

Sister Robinson

0 comments: