Why Bad Things Happen

1:40 PM Unknown 0 Comments

"Lord, give me experience, but not grief, not sorrow, not pain, not opposition, not betrayal, and certainly not to be forsaken. Keep me, Lord, from all those experiences which made Thee what Thou art! Then let me come and dwell with Thee and fully share Thy Joy!" 

Sister Neal sent me that quote, isn't that awesome? I love it. Sometimes, we just want to glide through life and for everything to come easy, but it just doesn't work that way! One of the hardest questions that people ask is "why does God let bad things happen to good people?" It's a valid question! But if God didn't let bad things happen to us, we would just stay exactly the way we are. And is that the point? Heck no! We were not sent down to earth so that we could return to heaven exactly the same, but uh... with a body! Ha, nope! We were sent here to earth to learn how to endure trials and to learn how to love and to learn to rely on the Lord. We were sent here to learn and grow, so that eventually we will become worthy to return to our father in heaven! That's what it's all about. Returning to Him. I've learned a lot about the atonement week. I don't think I ever realized that the atonement wasn't only done for us so that we could be cleansed from sin. Christ suffered for us so that he would be able to understand what we're feeling in every phase of life, and more importantly, understand how we can become better from every experience. He did it for us so that we would always have a way to make it through everything and anything. The enabling power of the atonement is real! It is for each and every one of us always. Even when everything is going right, and especially when everything is going wrong. I just had to share that. I love it. :)


Anyways, I'm doing really well! Being a trainer isn't as hard as it was the first week! Haha! That was difficult. but no, sister Neal is super awesome and i love her! We had a good week :)


Man, it's been a busy day! Sister Neal and I bought coats today :) I had enough money, so that was good. I got one really warm one, and a wool one that's a little lighter. I'm happy. They were good finds! Other than that, we aren't doing anything exciting for Pday. Everyone here just started school this week.



So this week was great, but I'm so busy and don't have a whole lot of time to email! I'll tell you interesting stories next week. Deal? :) sorry about that. I'm going to try to send some letters this week also. :) That'll be good. Anyways, I love you!! Have a good week!


Sister Robinson

0 comments: