Mouse Poop & Missionary Work

2:35 PM Unknown 0 Comments


June 14th, 2016
What an amazing week this was! I know I say that almost every week, but this one trumps them all! Best week on my whole mission. It included cleaning up piles and piles of junk in a hoarder's home, which, may I add, was infested with mice and was literally covered from top to bottom in mouse poop. It was deeeesgusting! And yet so rewarding! This week also consisted of a few wonderful spiritual meetings, one of which sister Phillips and I did a training in. Also! I found out that some of the wonderful people I taught in Clareview, the first area I served in, are getting baptized! Oh and to top it all off, we got 4 brand spanking new investigators! Talk about success! Am I right? It was glorious. Now allow me to explain the mouse poop...

So we have these Tagalog speaking elders in our mission who are known by the whole mission for their FIRE!! They're amazing at just talking to everyone about the gospel, and sometimes even committing people to a baptismal date upon first meeting them! Crazy, right? Well Wanda was one of those people they met. They ended up passing her over to us though, and we met with her on Wednesday. I don't know why, but I just felt the need to be really really bold with her. So we taught her with fire! It was an awesome lesson! She cried, because the spirit was so strong, and it was so cool to see her realize that this is what she's been looking for. The next night, she stayed up all night reading the Book of Mormon. We called her the following day, and she said, "Sisters, this is exactly what I needed. The lord sent you into my life. I felt so much peace reading that book. More peace than I have felt in a really really long time."

Now you may be asking, what does this have to do with mouse poop? Well let me tell ya. Wanda needed help cleaning her house. Little did we know, she had a MAJOR mouse problem! And on top of that, she's a MAJOR
hoarder. You guys. It was awful. The smell... Oh the smell. It was so bad!! But for some reason, I just felt so much love for Wanda and it was such a privilege to help her out in this way! We rounded up some ward missionaries and cleared out two truck loads of junk! It was so wonderful! By the end of the day, she gathered everyone together to thank us. She told us that she has never felt so free. We all said a prayer together, and had a big group hug. Man, I love this gospel!


I wish I had more time to go over each and every miracle from this past week, but time is running out. Just know this: the gospel is true. We were led into so many people's paths this week! The work is on fire! I love it!

Thank you for everything you all do to show me love and support!

Love,

Sister Robinson


"My brothers and sisters, the first great commandment of all eternity is to love God with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength—that’s the first great commandment. But the first great truth of all eternity is that God loves us with all of His heart, might, mind, and strength. That love is the foundation stone of eternity, and it should be the foundation stone of our daily life. Indeed it is only with that reassurance burning in our soul that we can have the confidence to keep trying to improve, keep seeking forgiveness for our sins, and keep extending that grace to our neighbor."  
Elder Holland

0 comments: