Road Blocks & Good Things

10:09 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Okay, so I had some interesting experiences this week! So sister hatch and I have this problem that we share with a lot of other missionaries across the globe. People feed us SO MUCH. We get fed pretty much nightly by members, and they always give us these awesome desserts! It's awful! Delicious, but awful! We have to accept whatever food they offer us, and I'm stuffed after every supper appointment. Anyways, to solve this problem, we decided to have elder clinger in our district lend us some of his insanity DVD's. So sister hatch and I went about doing insanity. We did it for two days, but only had time to get through the warm up. SO we decided we'd start going to bed early so we could wake up early! 

{at West Edmonton Mall}

So yesterday, we woke up at 6 to do this workout and it was going good! I felt a little more tired than usual, but no biggie. Anyway 7 am hit, so I went to go take a shower. My heart was beating super fast, and I couldn't really catch my breath. But I went into the bathroom, and then my vision slowly started to go dark and fuzzy... I Tried to blink it away, but uhh.. Didn't work. So then it was totally black. There was this super loud ringing in my ears, and I couldn't see anything. Eventually I lost balance and sat down on the ground and tried to breathe. Anyways, after about a minute passed, I could see and hear again, and the ringing in my ears went away, so I stood up and looked in the mirror. I was yellow. Sooooo so so pale! So yep! I decided that I'm going to eat a banana before working out from now on! Sound good? Good. :) 

Oh so this is funny. For district meeting on Thursday, Elder Thomas decided to do an object lesson where we would eat a SUPER HOT Thai chilli pepper and then drink milk after and it would represent the atonement... You can watch the video and see for yourself. I'm being a dork in it. Haha. :)



So sister hatch and I had another decent week! Taught our investigators good things, and made an effort to get members to come to our lessons! It helps so much when members come. I underestimated it before, but holy cow they really bring the spirit. Members really are the key to missionary work! Without them, it just doesn't work. So we brought this young married couple to Thomas and Hawa's lesson last Tuesday and it was awesome! I guess lessons with them are always awesome, but this one was super awesome! It's so tough though, because the ONLY THING holding them back is getting work off on Sunday's! It's so frustrating! They can't progress and get baptized unless they come to church. At this point the only thing we can do is pray and have faith that the lord will provide a way. Patience is the key... We're definitely learning patience and humility with those two. 

{mini golf at the mall}

Another lesson we brought members to was Alyssa and Lance's.  We brought a young couple to their place as well, and we talked about prophets and went into depth with the Holy Ghost. It was really awesome! Alyssa is getting there! She's been praying a lot lately, and she still has that desire to learn and grow.

So I want to tell you about our lesson with a Lady named Darlene. She's great! Yesterday was our third lesson with her, and she is doing so awesome! She's already read to chapter 7 in 1 Nephi, and she prayed and said that she knows it's true! It's crazy though, because it seems like each one of our investigators has some sort of road block that we have to try to get around. So Darlene's road block is that she prayed and says that the answer she received is that she can have both our religion and her religion, called "moonies." It's interesting though, because we share a lot of the same beliefs as them! I just hope she comes around. She's really promising. We taught her the Plan of Salvation, and she agreed with all of it. The spirit was very strong.

Soooo yeah! All good things. I love and miss you!  

Oh, sister hatch and I decorated our apartment with all the Fourth of July stuff. 'Merica. I don't think I've ever loved the U.S. as much as I do now! It's so much better than Canada. I miss the land of the free, home of the brave. Especially cheap food. Everything here is so dang expensive! It's crazy! 

Okay well I love you! I hope you have a good week! Xoxoxo

Sister Robinson 

0 comments: