Conference Weekend Update

9:27 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Hey!! How are you? Did you get to watch conference? We got to watch it with our favorite (or favourite, as the Canadians spell it) member families!! On Saturday we watched it with the Smith's, and on Sunday with the Trujillo's. It was so fun!! I felt like a normal person... So weird. We were just hanging out, eating their food, cuddled up in a blanket on their couch! It was a blast. The Trujillo's fed us SO MUCH FOOD. It was crazy! They gave us tuna fish on saltines, just like mama used to make us! I wanted to cry. And then chips and salsa, hummus, these fried plantain balls (they're Colombian by the way), donuts, yummy Colombian stir fry, and cookies! We were stuffed. And then we had a supper appointment right after that, and they fed us THANKSGIVING DINNER... WITH PIE AND COOKIES TOO. I think I've gained ten pounds and there's literally nothing I can do to stop this madness. They say I won't regret having the extra layer when the cold winter air rolls in... We'll see. 

{some quotes from conference}

As for other random news... Thomas is getting baptized tonight! I'll send pictures :) He's so ready. It's awesome. We stopped by his house last night to figure out a few random things for the baptismal service, and we talked to him about why it is so important so share the gospel with others. He's already doing it though! He told us that he talks to his coworkers about what we teach him all the time, and he basically said "I feel so much joy when I read the Book of Mormon and when you teach me about the gospel. I know that the Heavenly Father wants me to help other people to feel the same way, and even though a lot of them won't accept it, I know that Heavenly Father is proud of me when I share it with others." I wanted to cry! When he said that, the spirit was radiating out of him, and Sister Neal and I were like.... YES. Thomas!!!! Ahh I'm so excited to see where this takes him in life. He also told us that he wants to serve a mission with his wife when they're old and grey! CUTE OH MY GAWSH. 



Soooo yeah :) The church is true. That's the little highlight of my week! Tell me about yours! 
So the scripture I am pondering is Alma 5:16! :)

 16 I say unto you, can you imagine to yourselves that ye hear the voice of the Lord, saying unto you, in that day: Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?

He mentioned that one in his talk, so I thought it would be a good one to start with. I love 2 Nephi 31:20 though!! 

20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

That's a really good one :)  




So what was your favorite general conference talk? I can't pick a favorite, so I'm asking around to see what other people's favorites were :) I loved the women's session and the last session of conference the most though! Maybe it was partly because I was at the Trujillo's house, and they were feeding us yummy Columbian food during the last session. Who knows? :)



KILOVEYOUBYEEEE
Sister Robinson

0 comments: