2016 Here We Come!

7:47 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Hello hello hello all of you wonderful people!

I hope your Christmases were awesome, and that none of you got as homesick as I did! Skyping was amazing!! I may or may not have gone to the washroom to cry like... 4 times that day though. Hah. It was hard. Holy moly. I was a mess. Hahaha. But it's all good now! No worries :)

{Christmas morning!}

So I will start with the best news evaahhh!! John and Judy are both getting baptized on Saturday!! Wahh?? Yeah! Togethahh?? Yeah! Even though they don't know each othahhh?? Hahaha yes. Yes. We are dunking the two of them on Saturday, because why not? They're both so ready to make this commitment! It's pretty funny, because Judy has been put on date for baptism like... 4 times. She kept chickening out. (gobble gobble) Oh wait, I think gobble gobble is for turkeys. Speaking of which, I am SO SICK of turkey! Ugh! Members tend to feel the need to go ALL OUT for us missionaries, who are steadily gaining weight... slowly but surely... Anyway, I think we've had like 8 turkey dinners in the past week. And that is not an exaggeration! It's terrible. On Sunday, we had one in the afternoon and one in the evening, and when I saw that last turkey I literally felt nauseated. Gross. Too much turkey and mashed potatoes. Too little fruits and veggies. And our fridge is LOADED with leftovers, which will probably all go bad, because we are both so sick of turkey and mashed potatoes!

{-25 degrees is burrrrrrrr!}

Anyway, back to Judy! We have been done teaching her all the missionary lessons for about a month now, so we've just been trying to resolve the few concerns she has had and what not for the past little while. But this week we decided to be bold! We whipped out 2 Nephi 31, which is the ULTIMATE baptism chapter! All you missionaries should know exactly what chapter I am talking about. Anyway, we read it with her, and then asked her if she's thought about baptism much lately, and after a whole lot of rambling on and on, Judy decided to be baptized this saturday!! Go Judy!! We were so happy for her! It was an amazingly spiritual experience too. I felt prompted to ask her how she came to know that the church is true, and she told us that it all just makes sense and she started to cry. It was such a tender moment, and I am so happy that we got to share that with her. She's an absolute doll. I love this woman.

As for John, he has been ready since day one! It is so great. We went over the baptismal interview questions with him last night, and each and every one of his answers was spot on perfect! He totally knows that the church is true, and he just so badly wants to be a part of it! I can't wait for Saturday! It could not come any sooner. We asked him if he has been able to pray to know if the church is true, and he said that he has several times, and every time he does he "just feels warmth in his heart." I love hearing stuff like that from people who we teach! It strengthens my testimony more and more whenever I hear that the gospel is touching other people's lives.

So tonight we are having the official interview with John and then one with Judy on Wednesday, and then Saturday is the day!! I can't wait!! Can anyone tell how excited I am?? 

{This is my "Oh my gosh! It's Christmas!" face. :o }
Let's see... What else happened this week? Oh yes, Christmas! What a wonderful day Christmas was. Despite the terrible homesickness, my eyes were really opened to all of the blessings in my life. I am so thankful for my family! I have never realized how many people there are in this world who don't have families or some group of people who they even consider to be their family! How blessed are we to have a place to call home, and loved ones to call a family? 

I love you all so much, and I wish you a very happy new year!! Oh and I highly highly recommend that you all read the talk called "Navigating the Currents of Life" from December 2015's Ensign. It was super inspiring, and made me want to set a lot of goals for 2016! Okay I love you all. Have a great week! :)


Oh! And Sister Priestley and I are staying here in Drayton Valley for another transfer. Which is good :) I have a lot more to learn from this companionship.

{It got too cold, so we have to drive ski-doo's now! Yeehaw!}
{Jokes. We upgraded to this bad boy!}

XOXO

Sista Robinson

0 comments: