Many are {cold}, but few are {FROZEN}!!!

12:30 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Aaaand so it begins. The windows are finally frosting, and the sweaters and scarves are coming out! This is Canadian winter, people! Let's do this thing!!!

Hmm... so things have been good! Honestly, I'm trying to remember everything that happened. Something weird happens when you're a missionary where you literally forget stuff all the time. I seriously thought I had brain damage for a while, because I was forgetting everything! It's the worst! But no brain damage here. I guess all my brain power goes into the gospel and there's not much room for it to go anywhere else. It's hard to explain, but I'm not even kidding! I forget people's names back home all the time too! It's like I'm living a totally different life. It's great though! But sometimes frustrating, like when I'm trying to remember the highlights of my week.


{We took a couple of selfies here at the library. Just in case any of you forgot what I look like.}


Yeah so I don't know what exciting things to tell you! All I know is that it's been really good! We have been teaching like mad and converting all of Clareview. ALL OF IT. Jk. Major exaggeration, but it's a lot of fun.

So I suppose I'll just tell you about a general conference talk that I've really been loving this week. :) It was President Monson's talk from the Sunday morning session titled "Be an Example and a Light"





He quotes the two scriptures, Matthew 5:16:

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
 And 1 Timothy 4:12: 

 12 be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
and connects the two together. I really enjoyed it. I highly recommend it :)


So Thomas is doing super awesome! Have you ever heard the phrase "You can't convert beyond your own conversion?" Well I'm pretty sure Thomas is converted WAYYYY past my own conversion! He is doing so good! (I still need to ask him to send me the pictures from his baptism. I always forget. We're teaching him and Hawa tonight, so I'll try to remember!) Anyways, he has the priesthood, he's a home teacher, and he is just shining so bright! Last Sunday, the bishop gave him a quad, and he was so excited about it! I'm so grateful for the opportunity we had to teach and baptize Thomas. Watching his testimony grow is strengthening mine, and it's just awesome. Missionary work is awesome.

{Here are our Halloween costumes! I was a grumpy cat ;)}

So this week was one of those weeks where everything fell through! We have a lot of solid investigators and less actives that we work with weekly, but for some reason they all found "better" things to do than learning about Jesus! Okay not all of them, but it was crazy how many appointments fell through! However, sometimes those are the best weeks, because they're the ones where we turn to the Lord and say "Okay, so we're assuming you've got something planned for us to do today. What is it?" And then he leads us to the places we need to be every time. If I've learned on thing on my mission, it is that the Lord ALWAYS has our backs! We just need to stop being so stubborn and turn to the Lord and say "What would you have me do?" His will is so much better than our will! He's pretty smart ;)


Yesterday, one of our appointments fell through, and we had a solid hour with zero back up plan! It was funny when Sister Neal and I both had the same idea to go and stop by Alyssa and Lance's house. We haven't seen them in about 3 months, but their names popped into both of our heads! We were like "it's a sign. Let's go!" So we walked a mile in the freezing cold, bundled up like eskimos, and finally arrived! I'm not going to lie, I was nervous to knock on their door. The last thing Alyssa said to me was something along the lines of "I don't want to talk about religion anymore," and we never responded and haven't talked to her since then. It was a pretty dumb move on our end, but we honestly didn't know what to say. We are here for a purpose, and it is to invite others to come closer to Christ! The only way we can do that is by talking about Him. So we gave her a few months, and stopped by last night! Long story short, we talked, caught up on life, and then I just asked her if she was still interested in learning from us! She said yes, and we set up an appointment to teach her next Sunday! Yes! I love when the Lord gives us opportunities to grow. I was totally comfortable with never talking to them again, but the holy ghost gave us a nudge out of our comfort zone, and I am so grateful he did!

{We got to go to the temple! It was magical!}

Overall, this week I learned a great lesson about relying on the Lord and turning your will into His will. He loves us so much, so he will never fail us!! Why is it so easy to forget that? I guess that's what we're here on this earth to learn.

27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
Ether 12:27.  Well I love you all so much, and I can't wait to hear from you again! Have a good week :)

Love,
Sister Robinson

0 comments: